Thursday, December 12, 2013



This blog post is in response to Alex Jasso's "Ridiculousness taken to the next level". I thoroughly agree with everything Alex wrote; how could any hospital even begin to think that not giving a patient a necessary procedure would be okay? As a woman, I cannot even imagine the suffering that the woman must have felt. Honestly, I think I would be downright disgusted to have my miscarried child still inside of me, for any period of time. She was only 18 weeks pregnant at the time that her water first broke, so I'm sure this was over quite a long period of time... She was sent home multiple times, even though she claimed to be in "excruciating pain". Who's to say the woman would have even wanted to get rid of the baby? But once there's no chance of the baby being viable, then it should be a completely acceptable procedure, no matter what. I can't imagine what kind of stress and desperation the woman must have gone through during this time.

The article actually pissed me off quite a bit. What that hospital did was preposterous- and they deserve to lose everything they have built up. Religion should never come before a patient's health. She had an INFECTION that NEEDED to be treated. I just think that is so unacceptable.

Why she didn't decide to head to a different hospital is a different story though, you better believe I would have been trying every possible option to have the procedure done.

No comments:

Post a Comment